Well, I’m about 3 weeks late with this post and soon I’ll be posting Annabel’s four month post! But, better late then never!
So Annabel is three months old! And the time is flying by so incredibly fast. I think this age is my favorite so far… but I feel like I’ve said that each and every month. And I’ll probably say that next month as well! But I honestly think that God gives you something new to love for everything old that you miss. For example:
- I love that she doesn’t feel as fragile anymore, but I miss the feeling of snuggling with a cuddly newborn.
- She doesn’t get as “milk drunk” anymore after she finishes eating, but instead she looks up at you with a smile that melts your heart!
- She doesn’t sleep through as many loud noises anymore, but when we go to pick her up she is full of the biggest and brightest smiles!
- Her cries don’t sound like a newborn anymore (they’re much louder!)… but her talking and baby sounds make up for it!
- She’s not as floppy and mold-able like she was as a newborn, but now she’s super snuggly (intentionally!) when you hold her on your shoulder.
So what’s happened during the third month of Annabel’s life? Oh man. So much! Here are some of the memories from this part of her life that I want to remember!
- We spent 6 wonderful weeks in Canada with Randy’s family! And this meant that Annabel went on her third flight of life… and slept the entire way! We’re SO thankful she’s such a good traveler!
- She slept in a crib for the first time and she did such a good job! I was a little worried how the transition from her bassinet to the crib would go, but she loved it! More than her bassinet I think!
- During our time in Canada Annabel met lots of important family members! She met my Nana who isn’t doing so well, and their meeting was so special to me! She met BOTH sets of Randy’s grandparents! She met so many Great
- She met her Great GREAT Oma who is 100 years old! 100 years difference between the two of them! I just loved seeing their interactions!
- We taught her how to “give hugs”! And there’s nothing better!
- She still LOVES Raffi! If she’s fussing in the car and we turn on Banana phone or Down by the Bay, she quickly calms down!
- She loves to smile but especially with her tongue!
- She spits up like crazy! So we now have an official bib wearer – otherwise she goes through 3 or 4 outfits a day! But I mean I can’t blame her, her clothes are REALLY adorable!
- We have a thumb sucker… and oh have we tried to stop this one from happening but no matter what she keeps going back to that thumb!
- She hasn’t had an episode of SVT in 7 weeks! And we are BEYOND thankful for this! This is probably my most favourite highlight!
- She’s all about grabbing things!! In a matter of two-three days she went from reaching to being able to GRAB and bring EVERYTHING to her mouth! Yikes!
- She started giggling and it’s just about my favourite thing yet!
- She’s truly such a happy baby and we feel SO blessed!
Someone was NOT happy to be having their photograph taken!Her first TRUE tummy time!Visiting with my friend Hanna from my University days and her two babes!Just hanging out with my University friend Diane’s little babe! This was way too cute!Framing this one!!
- She started smiling! And sometimes she can smile on command, kind of! She adores the camera especially when you ask her “Annabel can you smile for the camera?” It usually works! She just has to be happy and not hungry in order to make it happen but it’s been so much fun seeing her react to us with a big smile!
- She LOVES music!! Instrumental piano, worship music, Raffi, you name it! If music is playing our baby goes from fussing to calm! (depending on what the fussing was for of course!)
- She’s starting making cooing noises when she’s excited! And I’m convinced she’s getting ready to giggle!
- She LOVES bath time with her daddy! She has nothing but eyes for Randy when he’s giving her a bath! I just love the bond that they have!!
- She’s starting liking her swing a lot more these days! Especially in the mornings, which means that momma can make breakfast and actually eat it!!
- She loves being held! This girl just loves a good snuggle! Doesn’t matter who it’s with, if you’re willing to hold her she’ll snuggle in and take a nap!
- She love love loves going for car rides!
- She also loves her stroller! And going for walks in the botanical gardens!
- This is the month she started being fine to lay on her own! Wide awake! She can play on her mat for at least a good 20 minutes before needing attention on a good day!
- She’s spent a lot of time with her family… and I’m so thankful for that!
- We are slowly getting into a nighttime routine and although it’s not every night there are some nights where she sleeps for 6 hours straight!!
- She loves morning naps! If she woke up at 5am guaranteed she’ll go back down at 6:30 and sleep until 9:30 or 10! Something about sleeping in I suppose! She definitely didn’t get that from Randy or myself!
- We’ve had to start transitioning out of her 0-3 month onesies into either solid 3 month or into 3-6 month ones! Slow down time!!
- She’s a little bit feisty and a little bit dramatic! And I mean that in the best way possible! She’s just got such a spunk to her! She’s not really a crier or a fussy baby but she will let it be known when she’s unhappy with a few short outbursts! But once she’s gotten what she wants she’s usually super happy!!
Here are a few photographs from her second month of life! There aren’t too many photographs since we’re slowly adjusting back into our daily lives but we’re so happy to be home!
(There’s also a few extra photographs that I didn’t have time to upload! Next month we’ll be more organized… hopefully!!)
Her first smile caught on camera! I melted!Just a little unimpressed with having to do hand and foot prints…Don’t worry it was washable paint and we bathed her right after!
You’ll have to forgive me for being so quiet on the social media front! Having a baby is no joke, friends! And then with the health conditions we’ve experienced with Annabel it has truly been more emotionally draining than I had imagined! But we are all home now, healthy and happy and we couldn’t be more grateful for the support shown by all of you!
I’ve been meaning to post this beautiful family session for almost a week now, but I’m sure all you momma’s know life with a newborn is anything but predictable! So with a napping baby this was at the top of my list!
I met up with the Kingham family at the Mid Ocean Beach Club, which is always a favourite for family photographs! Depending on the time of year, you’re almost guaranteed to have the beach to yourselves! It’s perfect! It was so fun to see the Kingham family again as I first photographed their family when Jackson was just a week old! Now a year later he’s still got those eyelashes to die for and the cutest personality to go along with! I also loved that they included their dog Phil again as those newborn photographs with Phil & Jackson are just too cute!!
Enjoy my favourites from this family session!!
Even before we found out we were expecting, I’ve always known that I wanted to have maternity portraits taken with Randy. To me, there is just something so beautiful about capturing this time in our lives as we prepare for our family to grow! As well, if I’m being honest, I’ve really just loved my bump! So when our plans to be in Canada over the family day weekend in February were finalized, I knew this would be the perfect time to schedule our maternity session! And secretly I was hoping for lots of snow – which we had lots of out at the cottage but unfortunately none at the location of our session! However, it was still beautiful and we couldn’t be happier with the way everything turned out!!
As well, the only photos we had of both of us with the bump were from our announcement and I was barely showing back then! When I found out that Elizabeth of Elizabeth in Love was available I was ecstatic! Her work is absolutely beautiful and she always seems to capture such joy in her couples. Plus I’ve been a fan of hers for quite some time now! We had such a wonderful experience that we’ve already started organizing our family portraits for this summer!
These maternity photos are so special to both of us and I know I’ll love looking back on them one day. And hopefully Baby E will like them as well! And who knows, in 5 weeks (give or take) we could be meeting our little one for the very first time! Thank you so much to Beth for these absolutely beautiful photographs!!
This was my second time photographing the Andrew family, however, things looked a little different this time around as they were now a family of four! So sweet! I have absolutely loved my time spent with the Andrew family! Not only are both Hannah & Chris beyond kind, their little ones are as adorable as can be!
For this family session we met up at a family home, which had the most beautiful gardens I’ve seen! I also loved that there was tons of space for Talia to just run around and for John to watch his big sister! It was so hard deciding which photographs to share from this session as I had so many favourites!! So grab a cup of coffee or tea (or really anything warm since it’s another cold day!) and enjoy!!
My morning spent with the Fullerton family was nothing but smiles! Although Jack was a little unsure of the camera at first, once he got to playing with both mom and dad, chasing the birds on the beach and splashing his toes in the ocean water he was as happy as could be! I really don’t think we could have asked for a more beautiful ‘winter’ morning!
I know it’s been a while since I shared a family session, so I’m even more thrilled to be sharing a few of my favourites from this beautiful family session with you this morning!
I’m so thankful for this weekend. I was surrounded by friends and family who have known me for as long as I can remember. This past Saturday my Mom, best girlfriend, and future sister-in-law hosted the most perfect shower for Baby E!
I think my favourite part of the shower was that each guest had been asked to bring a book for Baby E with a sweet note written inside rather than a card! (Which may have caused a few tears!) I just love that one day we’ll get to show our little one how loved they were before they were even born! Saturday was wonderful, and I’m so grateful for everyone who helped make it happen and we are so beyond thankful for the sweet gifts!
If you’ve been following for a while now, you know that I love using my blog as a way to remember each season of our lives! And this is definitely a season I want to remember, but sometimes it’s hard to find time to document it all! So, today as I’m sharing photographs from our baby shower I also wanted to share some of the things I’ve learned and realized over the last 7 months!
– Pregnancy looks so so different for everyone. In the beginning I always thought there was something wrong because I wasn’t experiencing the constant “morning sickness” that everyone warns you about but I am definitely now counting that as a huge blessing! Or when you realize that it’s okay to not be showing until 21 weeks! And that what one woman looks like at 30 weeks may not be what you look like! I think it’s extremely humbling to recognize that you really can’t expect anything and that it’s always going to be different for everyone.
– Feeling our baby move everyday is seriously the BEST thing in the world. I never really thought about how it must feel for a pregnant woman to feel another human move inside of them… until I got pregnant. And then it was one of those things I was a little nervous for but also couldn’t wait for! When it finally happened I was just in awe, seriously it was the most miraculous thing! And I’m so thankful that Rand was able to feel the kicks at the same time! Baby E moves the most when I’m trying to go to sleep, but I really don’t mind one bit, because like I said, I LOVE feeling our baby kick! It’s such a daily reminder that our baby is doing okay! It is such a gift from God that I’m always grateful for.
– We care about strollers and carseats. I’m really not sure why but this was our hardest decision yet and one that we were both really serious about. We went back and forth on all of the different options. I’m not sure why it was one of the things we cared so much about, but all I do know is that we really wanted to invest in the best option for us, plus Rand did some serious research on the topic! However, I’m so glad that both are now purchased!!
– We have names chosen! But we aren’t sharing! Everything about Baby E is a surprise and I am so happy about that decision! I just can’t wait for April when our baby is born and Randy gets to be the one to share the gender and name! It’s going to be so special!!
– I married a good man. Randy has put up with a lot the last 7 months. Most of which was in the first trimester when my moods were all over town and the exhaustion just didn’t let up! But between the mood swings, the constant (and I mean constant) crying at commercials on the television to being overwhelmed about how much stuff babies need, to more tears about nothing at all. Randy has been the very best throughout it all! I just know that he’s going to be the very best Dad and although sometimes I worry about the demands of the first few months I find such peace and safety knowing that he will be right there by my side and we will have each other through it all. I truly love Randy so much and besides meeting our little one, I’m most excited about seeing Randy become a Dad.
There’s so much more to share, but those are some of the highlights that have really stood out to me! It’s been a crazy season, but I wouldn’t change it for the world! And I really really can’t believe that there are only 10 weeks left until we meet our little one! This baby is such a miracle and we are SO thankful!!
Here are a few pictures (some iPhone and some not!) from the shower on Saturday! Enjoy!! And a huge thanks to Randy for hanging around for the first little bit to snap a few photographs for me!!
After we found out that we wouldn’t be able to go back to Canada for Christmas to be with Randy’s family (due to work commitments, etc) we decided to start planning a weekend getaway to New York City. We’ve both been to NYC before, but never at Christmas time and never for our very own ‘baby-moon’! It was so nice to get away and have one final trip with just the two of us (since we know once Baby E arrives in April there won’t be much time for that!).
I think this was also the first trip where I decided to leave my camera at home…so you’ll have to enjoy our iPhone photographs and lots of selfies! But it was so refreshing to just be able to soak up our time together and snap a few photographs every now and again! We really did SO much in the four days we spent in the city! From Randy surprising me for my birthday with high tea at the Fairmont Plaza (FYI they do a full gluten free tea and it is the best.thing.ever!) to our very first time seeing the Rockettes and scoring popcorn for free!, to eating at a one star Michelin restaurant (which was amazing!!), to enjoying the tiniest bit of snow on our walk from the cab into the Nutcracker and then so much more!
Once home, we both agreed that it was the very best trip and we were so glad we decided to just book our tickets and get away!(SO thrilled to have finally gone to Laduree that we ended up going twice – thanks to one sweet pup eating our first box of macarons! ha!) (Our friends apartment had a rock climbing wall in their building, so of course Randy had to test it out!)