- We started feeding her REAL FOOD! She currently loves bananas, squash and rice cereal! We tried at the end of August, but then the most successful eating started in September!
- She has started teething! No teeth yet, but I have a feeling she’ll be getting some soon!
- She loves being in the pool!
- She loves cooing, gurgling, squealing and GRUNTING!! It’s VERY entertaining!
- She started rolling from her back to her front! It was so much fun watching her reaction when she was finally successful!
- She started to put her toes in her mouth! Well really, EVERYTHING goes in her mouth!
- She loves to laugh! And has just started understanding the concept of peek-a-boo!
- She got to spend lots of time with her 2nd or 3rd (I’m really not too sure!) cousin Laila! The girls are 2 months apart and they played so well together!!
- She LOVES to HUG! When you pick her up, if you wrap her arms around your shoulder she will cuddle right into you.
Seriously? How did I get so lucky!
Li & Logan travelled to Bermuda to take time away from their busy schedules and soak up the last few months before their baby girl arrives in December. We met at the beach and couldn’t have asked for a better evening! We also had the beach completely to ourselves, which is always the very best! Wishing you both the very best in the last few months leading up to your little girls arrival!!
Enjoy some of my favourites from this session!
- She found her toes!!! She loves pulling on them but she’s not sucking on them yet… thankfully!
- She started sucking on her bottom lip and cooing away as she does!
- She made the switch from sleeping fully swaddled to sleeping with one or both arms out. It hasn’t gone as well as I had hoped but we’re working on it and may have found a new swaddle that allows her hands to be by her face. This girl just LOVES to be swaddled and I don’t blame her!
- She is louder than ever! She loves talking and squealing!
- She loves to stand (with a little bit of help of course!)
- She still smiles so big when we get her out of her crib in the mornings! And after her naps!
- She wined and dined with her Mimi & Papa at some amazing restaurants in Niagara on the Lake and was so well behaved! Minus a few poop explosions…classy!
- She went to a butterfly garden for the first time! And she was mesmerized with each and every butterfly! It was so cool seeing how focused she was!
- She smiles at EVERYONE! Seriously, everyone!
- If you want her to smile, all you have to do is act crazy! Whether it’s waving my arms in the air or singing a song. If you’re smiling and having a good time then so is our girl!
- She’s changing so quickly. Goodbye chunky thighs and hello long legs! She’s super tall and I just love that about her!
- Her wardrobe is changing drastically. The 0-3 month outfits are long gone and the 3-6 month & some 6-9 month clothes have entered the scene!
Where we got married 4 years ago! Now back with Annabel!
I met the Kemp family at their home on a beautiful sunny morning! This was my first session back since Annabel was born and I couldn’t have asked for a better family to photograph! You’ll see from these photographs that sweet Indigo is so so loved! I think one of my favourite things was the interactions between older brother and Indigo – although he was a little unsure of having his photograph taken, one thing he had no trouble with was giving Indigo kisses on her forehead, cheek, tummy!
It was so hard narrowing down my favourites for this post so I may have shared more than usual but I couldn’t help myself! Enjoy!!
Well, I’m about 3 weeks late with this post and soon I’ll be posting Annabel’s four month post! But, better late then never!
So Annabel is three months old! And the time is flying by so incredibly fast. I think this age is my favorite so far… but I feel like I’ve said that each and every month. And I’ll probably say that next month as well! But I honestly think that God gives you something new to love for everything old that you miss. For example:
- I love that she doesn’t feel as fragile anymore, but I miss the feeling of snuggling with a cuddly newborn.
- She doesn’t get as “milk drunk” anymore after she finishes eating, but instead she looks up at you with a smile that melts your heart!
- She doesn’t sleep through as many loud noises anymore, but when we go to pick her up she is full of the biggest and brightest smiles!
- Her cries don’t sound like a newborn anymore (they’re much louder!)… but her talking and baby sounds make up for it!
- She’s not as floppy and mold-able like she was as a newborn, but now she’s super snuggly (intentionally!) when you hold her on your shoulder.
So what’s happened during the third month of Annabel’s life? Oh man. So much! Here are some of the memories from this part of her life that I want to remember!
- We spent 6 wonderful weeks in Canada with Randy’s family! And this meant that Annabel went on her third flight of life… and slept the entire way! We’re SO thankful she’s such a good traveler!
- She slept in a crib for the first time and she did such a good job! I was a little worried how the transition from her bassinet to the crib would go, but she loved it! More than her bassinet I think!
- During our time in Canada Annabel met lots of important family members! She met my Nana who isn’t doing so well, and their meeting was so special to me! She met BOTH sets of Randy’s grandparents! She met so many Great
- She met her Great GREAT Oma who is 100 years old! 100 years difference between the two of them! I just loved seeing their interactions!
- We taught her how to “give hugs”! And there’s nothing better!
- She still LOVES Raffi! If she’s fussing in the car and we turn on Banana phone or Down by the Bay, she quickly calms down!
- She loves to smile but especially with her tongue!
- She spits up like crazy! So we now have an official bib wearer – otherwise she goes through 3 or 4 outfits a day! But I mean I can’t blame her, her clothes are REALLY adorable!
- We have a thumb sucker… and oh have we tried to stop this one from happening but no matter what she keeps going back to that thumb!
- She hasn’t had an episode of SVT in 7 weeks! And we are BEYOND thankful for this! This is probably my most favourite highlight!
- She’s all about grabbing things!! In a matter of two-three days she went from reaching to being able to GRAB and bring EVERYTHING to her mouth! Yikes!
- She started giggling and it’s just about my favourite thing yet!
- She’s truly such a happy baby and we feel SO blessed!
Someone was NOT happy to be having their photograph taken!Her first TRUE tummy time!Visiting with my friend Hanna from my University days and her two babes!Just hanging out with my University friend Diane’s little babe! This was way too cute!Framing this one!!
- She started smiling! And sometimes she can smile on command, kind of! She adores the camera especially when you ask her “Annabel can you smile for the camera?” It usually works! She just has to be happy and not hungry in order to make it happen but it’s been so much fun seeing her react to us with a big smile!
- She LOVES music!! Instrumental piano, worship music, Raffi, you name it! If music is playing our baby goes from fussing to calm! (depending on what the fussing was for of course!)
- She’s starting making cooing noises when she’s excited! And I’m convinced she’s getting ready to giggle!
- She LOVES bath time with her daddy! She has nothing but eyes for Randy when he’s giving her a bath! I just love the bond that they have!!
- She’s starting liking her swing a lot more these days! Especially in the mornings, which means that momma can make breakfast and actually eat it!!
- She loves being held! This girl just loves a good snuggle! Doesn’t matter who it’s with, if you’re willing to hold her she’ll snuggle in and take a nap!
- She love love loves going for car rides!
- She also loves her stroller! And going for walks in the botanical gardens!
- This is the month she started being fine to lay on her own! Wide awake! She can play on her mat for at least a good 20 minutes before needing attention on a good day!
- She’s spent a lot of time with her family… and I’m so thankful for that!
- We are slowly getting into a nighttime routine and although it’s not every night there are some nights where she sleeps for 6 hours straight!!
- She loves morning naps! If she woke up at 5am guaranteed she’ll go back down at 6:30 and sleep until 9:30 or 10! Something about sleeping in I suppose! She definitely didn’t get that from Randy or myself!
- We’ve had to start transitioning out of her 0-3 month onesies into either solid 3 month or into 3-6 month ones! Slow down time!!
- She’s a little bit feisty and a little bit dramatic! And I mean that in the best way possible! She’s just got such a spunk to her! She’s not really a crier or a fussy baby but she will let it be known when she’s unhappy with a few short outbursts! But once she’s gotten what she wants she’s usually super happy!!
Here are a few photographs from her second month of life! There aren’t too many photographs since we’re slowly adjusting back into our daily lives but we’re so happy to be home!
(There’s also a few extra photographs that I didn’t have time to upload! Next month we’ll be more organized… hopefully!!)
Her first smile caught on camera! I melted!Just a little unimpressed with having to do hand and foot prints…Don’t worry it was washable paint and we bathed her right after!
You’ll have to forgive me for being so quiet on the social media front! Having a baby is no joke, friends! And then with the health conditions we’ve experienced with Annabel it has truly been more emotionally draining than I had imagined! But we are all home now, healthy and happy and we couldn’t be more grateful for the support shown by all of you!
I’ve been meaning to post this beautiful family session for almost a week now, but I’m sure all you momma’s know life with a newborn is anything but predictable! So with a napping baby this was at the top of my list!
I met up with the Kingham family at the Mid Ocean Beach Club, which is always a favourite for family photographs! Depending on the time of year, you’re almost guaranteed to have the beach to yourselves! It’s perfect! It was so fun to see the Kingham family again as I first photographed their family when Jackson was just a week old! Now a year later he’s still got those eyelashes to die for and the cutest personality to go along with! I also loved that they included their dog Phil again as those newborn photographs with Phil & Jackson are just too cute!!
Enjoy my favourites from this family session!!
Even before we found out we were expecting, I’ve always known that I wanted to have maternity portraits taken with Randy. To me, there is just something so beautiful about capturing this time in our lives as we prepare for our family to grow! As well, if I’m being honest, I’ve really just loved my bump! So when our plans to be in Canada over the family day weekend in February were finalized, I knew this would be the perfect time to schedule our maternity session! And secretly I was hoping for lots of snow – which we had lots of out at the cottage but unfortunately none at the location of our session! However, it was still beautiful and we couldn’t be happier with the way everything turned out!!
As well, the only photos we had of both of us with the bump were from our announcement and I was barely showing back then! When I found out that Elizabeth of Elizabeth in Love was available I was ecstatic! Her work is absolutely beautiful and she always seems to capture such joy in her couples. Plus I’ve been a fan of hers for quite some time now! We had such a wonderful experience that we’ve already started organizing our family portraits for this summer!
These maternity photos are so special to both of us and I know I’ll love looking back on them one day. And hopefully Baby E will like them as well! And who knows, in 5 weeks (give or take) we could be meeting our little one for the very first time! Thank you so much to Beth for these absolutely beautiful photographs!!