September 16, 2015
5. Don’t give up! If you’re on round 3 or 4 or dress shopping… it’s okay!! You will find one!! Just keep going! I was definitely the bride that found her dream dress on my 6th trip to the boutique!!
6. Know the difference between White and Ivory dresses. It used to be weird for a bride to have an off-white dress. I am kind of glad that tradition is fading away because pure white dresses do not photograph as well as off-white dresses. My wedding dress was off-white but you can HARDLY tell. Sometimes pure white dresses photograph with a “blue” tint to them because they are SO white. Thankfully I can adjust my “blues” in my post processing to correct this for the most part.:) Having just a slightly off white dress can really make a HUGE difference in your images AND it’s so flattering for the skin!
7. Pick a dress that you’re COMFORTABLE in. If you feel like you’re poured into it an can’t really get a “full” breath…. you can’t buy that dress. Imagine getting nervous on the wedding day and trying to get some deep breaths to calm down…. but you can’t, because your wedding dress doesn’t fit correctly! ah! Not good!
8. Don’t be afraid to ALTER a dress. I’ve seen SO many cool things be added to dresses! It can look so natural and unique! My dress, although beautiful, was plain when I first tried it on! But I knew that I wanted to make the dress my own! So we added a belt with intricate crystals! And then my Mom found the most stunning straps I had ever seen! Seriously, if I could attach them to every dress I own, I would!! All it took was some creativity and a good seamstress!!
9. Make sure your MOH or Mom is with you for your final dress fitting…. someone NEEDS to know how to bustle that thing! I’ve had bustles take over 30 minutes sometimes either because of operator error or something BREAKING. So make sure your planner has some safety pins just in case! (Also, having some emergency “white chalk” can cover up any minor stains on the dress…. )