February 17, 2016
Usually people say that DJ’s can “make or break” the wedding day, or planners or even photographers! However, it’s not often that you hear people honestly talk about how much power the bridesmaids have on a wedding day! But, if you think about it, bridesmaids can cause the day to run behind, they can determine the attitude of the morning, and they can either be a photographers best friend… or a lot to handle. I absolutely LOVE it when I walk into a getting ready room and the bridesmaids are so friendly and welcoming. It makes the whole rest of the day go so smoothly!!Bridesmaids have a huge impact on the day in so many ways but today I’m just focusing on the bridal-prep portion of the day!! There are several things that bridesmaids can do to ensure that their bride gets AMAZING portraits. Here are some general recommendations to follow!
– Bridesmaids, once the bride is getting close to the end of her hair/makeup, we’ll grab her for a quick shot of all of you in your robes!
– After the “robe” shot is accomplished, the bride finishes getting ready and it’s time for you to change!
– Bridesmaids should be dressed and ready when the bride is ready to get in her own dress! (along with the Mother of the Bride!)
– Only 2-3 bridesmaids will actually be able to help the bride get into her dress but the other girls can surround the bride, block distractions and still be a part of the process!
– It’s important to remember that bridesmaids do not need to be PERFECT when the bride gets into her dress. If your hair isn’t 100% done or you’re missing your jewelry, it’s ok. Don’t slow down the timeline because you want to be 100% perfect in the bride’s dress pictures. Those little imperfections will not be noticeable, but falling behind on the timeline will be!
When bridesmaids know how to make the morning run smoothly, the entire day runs smoothly! If you’re going to be a bridesmaid in the near future, I hope this comes in handy! Happy Wedding Wednesday everyone!!
add a comment