May 11, 2016
But, if you’re anything like me and you could TECHNICALLY do it yourself but you’re pondering the idea of hiring a makeup artist, here are some things to think about! :
1. You want to look more formal than your engagements. Engagements are supposed to be casual and not overly formal but your wedding day is a little different!
2. You’ll be wearing white. So adding a bit of blush & lip colour will make sure that you aren’t washed out by your dress. Makeup artists can add colour without making it look over the top.
3. It lasts all day! (this one is so key!) Professional makeup is made to LAST! And the very last thin you want is to have eyeliner smudges on the corner of your lids or under your eyes during the reception. Makeup artists use makeup that is meant to stay on for hours!
4. Professional makeup emphasizes bone structure. When a bride has great wedding makeup, it accents her greatest features! And that is great for the bride’s photography as well! Plus, what bride doesn’t want to have her greatest features accented!?
5. You’re going to be nervous… some of you more than others. And even if you don’t feel nervous, being responsible for your own wedding day makeup can become an extra stress for some brides. I’ve had plenty of brides that have felt more comfortable doing their own makeup and I totally understand that. However, if you’re a bride that isn’t a makeup pro and you’ll need a little assistance, hiring a profession makeup artist is a smart move!
**Something else to consider is having your hair and makeup done for your engagement session!